Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Message from Jill Larson

To All My Beloved Lovers of Pine Valley,

It is at the holiday time that one thinks of friends and family and longs to be in touch.  And that is why I'm writing to all of you. 

We have had a hard year, suffering the death of two of our shows, feeling our soap community scatter to parts unknown.  When I stand on line at the grocery store  and see the ABC Soaps-in-Depth magazine, I think they have to rename it..."Soap-In-Depth", it looks so sad sitting there with only General Hospital left.

But as with any loss, there is a special bonding and renewed appreciation that occurs between those who remain, and I certainly feel that.  I have had some wonderful conversations with fans, people I meet on the street.  Not that I haven't always had wonderful conversation with any of you I have had the pleasure of meeting, but somehow these exchanges feel more substantial as we discuss how the ending of AMC has affected each of us.  I have so admired and marveled at your passion and your loyalty to all of us over the years, and I hope you know just how much it has always meant to us, and still means to us today.


Last Christmas was my first without my mother.  As a family we thought of her, spoke about her, and kept her spirit alive in our hearts.  That is what we must all do this year, our first Christmas without Pine Valley, we must remember the ideals and the spirit of the show, and of the whole community, and carry them with us in our hearts. 


As Agnes said in the very beginning: The great and the least,
                                                           The weak and the strong,
                                                           The rich and the poor,
                                                            In sickness and in health,
                                                            In joy and sorrow,
                                                            In tragedy and triumph,
                                                            You are All My Children.

Wishing you all a wonder-filled holiday, and many more wonders in the new year!!

With Much Love,
Jill





Thanks for sending this along Debbie!

3 comments:

Little Libby said...

That was a beautiful letter. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kathy, for sharing this, and for keeping this site going. I still come around regularly to see if anything new is posted... I can't believe how much I still miss AMC!

Happy New Year to you, and thanks again for all you do!

AAA7353 said...

Dear Kathy, Thank you for giving us a little piece of Pine Valley. We all miss it so much, as you must miss it more. I will be visiting frequently. Thanks for keeping up the site! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Angela NY
We met at a luncheon here in 2002.