Thursday, May 13, 2010

CASTING NEWS: AMC Hires a New Bianca!!!

Well that didn't take long! AMC has cast Christina Bennett Lind as NuBianca. The soap newbie is a New York based theatre actress who has had a few walk on's at ATWT, but this is her first full time soap gig and her first time on AMC, after having auditioned three other times! She begins airing on June 14 when Bianca returns to Pine Valley frantic about her mother's disappearance (which is tied into the casting of Michael Nouri). Of landing the role, Christina told TV Guide, "I can only hope I do half of what Eden did with the part. She played it with amazing grace and dignity. Now I need to breathe my own life into it."

When Bianca returns, for now, it will be without Reese or the children, but AMC plans to keep the Bianca and Reese relationship going and have kept communications with Tamara Braun open.

11 comments:

Brian said...

Seriously? Glad that TPTB thought about getting someone with a little experience, and by that I mean none. It's isn't enough for an actor to look the part. They need to be able to pull it off, too.

Anonymous said...

I am so upset! i love Eden! This actress wont be good like eden!!!!

Anonymous said...

I understand being upset about recasting a role the Eden TOTALLY made her own. However, Eden decided that (after Chuck Pratt COMPLETELY DESTROYED the character of Bianca beyond recognition) she did not want to return to the character, she moved onto Y&R. Yes, this new girl may be no Eden Riegel, let NuBianca at least TRY before judging. I am a firm believer that if you love a character because of the actor that portrays them, then you don't REALLY love the character...you love the actor. Give the girl a chance!!! And if you really want to be mad about the recasting of Bianca, be mad at Frons and JHC for allowing Pratt to ruin Eden Riegel's version of Bianca.

Kathy said...

I agree with joeweee. Everyone deserves a chance. It's not this girls fault. It will be hard to live up to Eden, and writing her off before she even starts is really unfair to her.

David said...

I'll be willing to give her a chance, but I think it is WAY to soon to bring Bianca back to Pine Valley. They should have given fans time to accept that Eden had moved on. I feel the new actress resembles Marissa alot....I wonder if that's one of the roles she's tried out for in the past. I still think they should have hired Susan Lucci's real-life daughter, Liza Huber.

DStadtherr said...

I really liked Eden Riegel in this role. It's not going to be the same.

Nom de Plume said...

She doesn't seem too bad from her reel. It's on her website if anyone cares to take a look.

Little Libby said...

Looking at her video, perhaps she went to the same acting school as Marissa. I'm not expressing an opinion on her capabilities, but ...../.

Anonymous said...

Some forget that Eden is one of many Biancas, incudling Lacey Chabert [Party of 5, Mean Girls]

Maybe bring her back? jk

Stephanie said...

Good luck to her she resembles Eva Larue.

Nom de Plume said...

come on, her real is better than marissa . she at least moves her face