Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sometimes, Life's a Beach

If you are spending time this President's Day Weekend in Santa Monica, California, you may see a familiar face on the beach instructing kids on how to have a sound body, mind and soul. Former All My Children star Carmen Thomas-Paris (ex-Hillary Wilson) has found her calling as founder and instructor of Venice del Play, a weekend camp introducing children to yoga and life on the beach.

Paris has been running the camp since the summer of 2006. "I did not want to have a job where I have to pay someone else to raise my kids," Paris said. The camp schedule allows Paris to bring her children, Sabine and Georges, to work with her when they are on holiday from school.

All My Children is never too far from Paris' thoughts. "Once in a while, I become very nostalgic. It is funny how that all works. I had not thought about the show in so long when I watched (the other) day," Paris said.

For information on Venice del Play and how your child can be part of their President's Day session, check out Paris' website.

For more on what Paris has been up to since leaving All My Children in 1988, stay tuned to the Pine Valley Bulletin for an in depth interview.

Paris at one of her summer sessions.

No comments: