Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ryan and Erica? Could it be??

Is AMC really gearing up for a cougar storyline with Erica and Ryan? The pairing was hinted at a few weeks ago when Erica was doing her damndest to keep Ryan away from Kendall and practically threw herself at him. But comments from TPTB at AMC have been mostly non-commital. And even as the possible storyline makes headlines, Julie Carruthers, AMC's EP, plays coy.

How do I feel about this possibility? I'm keeping an open mind. Back in the day we had a 50+ year old Adam marrying 18 year old Dixie. The age difference between Erica and Ryan seems tame by comparison. I'm interested to see how it actually plays out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a nearly 56 year old woman and I've watched AMC from the start. It grossed me out when they put Adam and Dixie together (just the same as when Asa and Samantha got together on OLTL) and putting Ryan and Erica together is just as distasteful to me. As it is, on soaps, this thing called "age" is blurred (i.e. the fact that Liza, Tad, Jessie and Angie all were in high school together, but now Liza is so much younger) but I find this possible pairing just another move that seems to be trying to put an end to AMC!

Anonymous said...

This would be disgusting. I have also watched this soap from the start and the age thing is never in question. But this...this is just too much. I have threatened I don't know how many times to quit watching this...This could finally be the icing on the cake

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to be sick. Sleeping with your daughters ex-son-in law; her current lover, and your grandchild's father is a bit too much ick for me. Bring back JERICA

sonja said...

I think this storyline could be well done and be very compelling, making me want to root for this pairing. It would require a long, long build up so that the viewer wants them together for a long time before they actually ARE together. However, AMC being what it is in general, and then with the current head writer and his tendency for really quick pay-offs, that seems unlikely, so if this storyline did progress, it would be ruined and icky. I don't have a problem with the age thing, and I liked the chemistry between the two, but I do have a hard time with the fact that Ryan is the father of Erica's grandchild (even though Erica would never admit to being a - gasp! - grandmother).

Unknown said...

It's a "soap" let's have some fun!