Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh, This Doesn't Sound Good

A new article posted by Studio Briefing states that bringing the soaps (AMC and OLTL) online has hit a snag.   Well shoot, fans already knew that.  Filming would have to start very soon if they were going to start airing on the internet in January and very few actors (on AMC anyway) have been nailed down.  Let alone all the other problems that seem to be cropping up.   Many of us have speculated, just how are they going to get the money for all this?  That's pretty much what the article is saying too.  The saga is turning into it's own soap within a soap... As the Internet Turns.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

I really didn't see it happening. I was just crushed when AMC went off the air but now that it hasn't been on. I've been doing ok not seeing it and moving on. It still stinks but I guess they say life goes on

Tuck Miller said...

I also have given up hope...I have survived the absence, but have not, and will not watch the show that replaced it...in fact...I am usually doing something that is much more healthier for me....like walking.....

NuttyAboutSoaps said...

To be honest, I didn't think that Prospect Park could pull this off, but I really wanted to be wrong. So many fans hoped that AMC would be able to continue.

My biggest beef is that AMC didn't give us a true ending because of the Prospect Park negotiations and we really deserved one. On the last episodes of GL and ATWT, they flashfowarded a year into the future to show the viewers how all of the characters' lives turned out. I had really hoped that AMC would do the same..... and now their chance is gone.

sonja said...

I was optimistic at first, but that optimism has been dwindling as there have been very few mentions of AMC actors being signed and, as you point out, they'd have to be filming pretty soon to get it started by online by January.

I still hope it works out though.

ChristyB said...

I've realized that I am in a state of depression...I've been abruptly excommunicated from my "family"!!