Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Very Interesting Indeed...

An article that appeared on TheDailyBeast.com recently has gotten quite a big reaction, from fans and actors alike!  The article talks about what went wrong with Prospect Park's plans to launch AMC and OLTL online.  But I think it's Cady McClain's (Dixie) rebuttal of the article that I find most interesting.  Check out the article HERE, and Cady's response HERE.

It is, and has been my quiet opinion all along that we were had.  That it was far too good to be true.  And that it would never happen because there was no way they could come up with the money to make it happen.  Quiet because so many were so excited and optimistic and I didn't want to step on that with my glass half empty attitude. After reading so much on what went wrong I guess I wasn't too far off.  It's sad.  Sad all around.  For the cast and crew, for Agnes, for us.  I said at the very beginning of all this, "I wish they had let AMC go with dignity," and I still wish that.  Now we will forever have a half assed ending with no resolution.  What a shame.

7 comments:

Shadow said...

Erica fought all those years for unconditional love without fear of abandonment and in the end didn't seem to have learned much the way it ended. As for The Chandlers, I'm so happy for Adam & Brooke, Stuart & Marian, but the future of the Chandler heirs looks shakier than I would have liked. I'd like to see The Chandlers reboot in Port Charles with Skye--maybe JR & Scott. Won't happen though.

Listen we all knew it wasn't going to work despite the supportive displays. Just hard to accept.

NuttyAboutSoaps said...

To pull this off, Prospect Park had to achieve the impossible - secure $100 million in venture capital during the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Like Kathy, I never believed that they could do it.... but I wanted to be wrong.

As far as the ending, the only unresolved stories were JR's shooting and Erica's relationship with Jack. The rest of the characters all had some sort of ending that I could live with.... even David, who was finally going to have another chance at fatherhood.

To me, the big loss was the year ahead flash forward that GL and ATWT did, which I suspect the writers of AMC would have given us as well, had they known that this was the true ending. I would have loved to have seen where all of our favorite characters wound up a year down the road.

Sigh.

carol w said...

I don't see why ABC can't at least make a 2 hour movie to be set as the finally for AMC. That way at least they could let us know who got shot, and let everyone live "happier ever after".

Tuck Miller said...

Hmmmm...maybe because ABC has no class or respect for it's viewers.

sonja said...

I guess I'm pretty alone in that I don't mind the ending at all. I actually thought they wrapped up just about everything and resolved just about everything. I guess with the exception of Jack and Erica, but it's been a long, long time since I stopped caring about that couple. And then there's JR and the gunshot. So what? We never saw anyone actually get hit with a bullet. In my mind, he was so drunk that he couldn't aim and the bullet hit the wall. Everyone then finds him hiding behind the wall; they drag him off to rehab; he gets better, and everyone is happy.

And watching the end of the network run of AMC would have been more devastating to me if I'd thought that was it. Now I've had these months to get used to not having it in my life, all the while thinking it would come back, and now that it's not, it's easier than if I'd sat there in September and known that was it.

Melissa said...

I like the idea of a 2 hour ABC movie that ties up all the loose ends.

Why hasn't the SOAP network picked up the series? Surely broadcasting new episodes would boost their ratings?

Little Libby said...

Melissa, I believe that SOAP network is going away in January.