Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Prospect Park Releases Statement

Since the announcement that Prospect Park has purchased the rights to AMC and OLTL, little to no information has surfaced as to the how this was all going to happen.  And frankly, there is still isn't any information.  But the folks over at PP has released this statement:

The love and support for ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE is truly amazing. Since we announced our intention to work with the shows, the fan outreach we've experienced over the past few weeks further validates our decision to work to keep them going for years to come. However we also respect the organizations and processes that are in place so that all can apply their craft within the infrastructure that the entertainment industry has set, specifically in this case with the appropriate guilds and unions. We are in the process of working out the essential terms of our proposed collective bargaining agreements with the appropriate guilds and unions, which we must do prior to firming up deals with above-and below-the-line talent. We will provide updates as needed.

UpdateTVLine.com has this report today.  What can you really say here ya know?

7 comments:

sonja said...

Sounds like they're getting their ducks in a row. Maybe I just want this to work so badly that I only see what I want to see, but it looks like they're doing things the right way to me.

Wendi said...

I sure hope they are figuring it out. I'm seeing a lot of people on other sites that are thinking that this isn't going to happen. It better happen :)

Tuck Miller said...

I am thinking it might be delayed until everything is settled, which is understandable.....

on another note, I see they have started advertising the new show that will be replacing AMC. I for one will NEVER watch it....

Little Libby said...

That makes two of us Tuck. And I'm not sure I'm on board with a web version of AMC. I am beginning to think it might be better to let our show die a dignified death. JMHO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Television, web, I will be happy--anything so I can still watch. It's like an old friend, a constant that has been there my whole life. AMC is the only show I remember that my grandma watched....she died over 30 years ago. So much in life changes from year to year. Big changes. It has been comforting to have this constant in my life.

liveforlove said...

Glitter, you couldn't have said it any better! I really hope this deal happens. I have to say I just laugh when I see commercials for "The Chew" during AMC. I'm thinking REALLY????Probably the worst time slot to advertise the show....LOL!