Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Reaction...

I wrote to a few former stars and asked for a statement.  Here's what I received back:

Sydney Penny:  "I'm sorry to see All My Children leave the canvas of daytime TV. Although the cancellation was not a great surprise, it is still sad. There are few shows than can claim to have launched as many great careers as AMC and I am pleased to have been a part of it."

Karen Lynn Gorney:  "Thought it would go on forever !!!!!!! It's like my "family" from the beginning of my Acting Career has moved.  Strange. But they are still all in my head, and probably will always be."


And here are more posts from Twitter...


Nathan Fillion: A moment of silence for a disappearing genre. OLTL & AMC, we’ll miss your hard work and talent.

Michelle Trachtenberg: #RIP ‘All My Children’. 

Marlee Matlin  “Who imagined that the Welcome to Pine Valley sign would ever come down? All My Children axed. Goodbye, Erica Kane. You were GREAT.”

Kelly Ripa via Entertainment Weekly:  “This is like losing a member of your family. ‘All My Children’ was more than a job — it was my family. It was there that I met my husband; it was there when my first two children were born; it was there where I met many of my lifelong friends. It was the greatest training ground ever. I feel heartsick.”

No comments: