Monday, February 22, 2010

Three Shows and Gone - Fox Pullls Past Life!

Maybe I'm naive or something, but airing only three shows and being pulled seems a little premature. How do you build a following when you are pulled after such a short amount of time? Regardless of what I think, Fox has pulled the new series starring Kelli Giddish (ex-Di), Past Life, from their line up. The time slot will be replaced with original episodes of Kitchen Nightmares until March 18, then will be replaced with repeats of Bones and Fringe. Original episodes of those shows return on April 1. Fox claims that they will show the unaired episodes of Past Life at some point but that could be online or it could mean never and the show will fade into oblivion kind of like some other network shows that didn't make it... Reunion, Smith, My Own Worst Enemy to name a few that come to mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was the only reason I watched this show and I loved it. What do they expect putting a new show up against Grey's. It was a great show. But I understand it may be back at a later date.

KyL416 said...

Fox has said they plan to air the remaining episodes later this season. Cancelling after 3 isn't that bad, at least they gave it a chance to see if they could get "word of mouth" viewers from people who saw the first episode and told their friends and family about it to watch the following week. It isn't as bad as the time ABC cancelled a show after ONE episode a few years ago.

Kristy said...

I thought it was a pretty good show! I only watched it because it had Kelli Giddish on it, and I liked her from AMC. I think it's sad that they didn't give the show a chance. Another show down the drain before it even gets started!

Unknown said...

Her acting sucked on the new show too.